Best Anime of 2020! Must Watch Anime 2020

 




 The best anime of 2020.Over a hundred anime later, which anime comes out on top? Sowhat's up guys, Foxen here! Anime in 2020, the year of delay delay delay. Still I disagree that 2020 wasnot a good year for anime. So definitely goddess smashthat like and subscribe. And don't forget to post your bestanime too plus the bonus categories! Kicking this off with a new one JujutsuKaisen. Mappa studio really is winning with this shonen anime anime. You got demons, curses and a group thatbattles them head on. Wait a minute. Where have you heard this one before?Veteran anime fans definitely chime in. For me Jujutsu Kaisen reminded me ofelements or Bleach, Tokyo Ghoul, Boruto's dad, my Hero Acadamia and even demonSlayer since that's so popular. And I do say that as a hugepositive. Just being caught up I could tell you that the manga story is not at all groundbreaking, but it still has a solid shonen tale. This is where I fricking love MAPPAstudio. The Jujutsu Kaisen anime really elevated every singlemanga panel without question. I really got a kick ofseeing every extra chunk, the anime extended each episode.Demon Slayer, better watch out! Japan sinks, controversial pick, perhaps. Either you likedit or you hated it. The title for this animetells you everything. Japan is sinking aftera massive earthquake. Japan is turning intothe zombieland scenario. 


I think this hit closer to me since I'velived all my life in California and now in Japan. Mother nature, shakingher thing is all too common. I recall watching this anime at the gym, just multitasking while doing cardioand do the end of one of the early episodes. It left mymouth wide open, like that did not just happen! Naturally You're not going to be surprised atpeople dropping left and right in this doomsday scenario. Andoften it ain't pretty, This all anime reminded me of a Pixarfilm where the anime is meant to pull out your emotions at each turn. I mean, I totally saw it coming and it stillworked on me. Definitely don't watch this if you're feeling sad. Ironically, for an anime filled with so muchdeath and seeing the worst in mankind, it ends on a surprisinglyuplifting message. Bofuri! Did someone say Shield hero's daughter?You now got the adorable Maple. Instead of this being a 100% of theIsekai you got newbie maple venturing into her first VR MMO. She happensto pick the mighty shield. One thing leads to another and Maplehappens to skyrocket or defense on accident. What makes this anime a blast is seeing Maplestumble into the next overpower skill one after another,through sheer dumb luck. Watching the anime reminded me of my earlyMMO days, just grinding and grinding. Then accidentally finding a bug that you could exploit. All of a sudden youhad the GMs pissed off and rushing to patch. It looks like Shield Girl Mapleand may have received the true goddess blessing. I mean a giant flyingturtle. It was super Saiyan blonde. Maple. The ultimate mech battle mode, even turning into thisunstoppable alien monster. Part of the reason this overpowercharacter even works is really due to the anime not taking itself so seriously. Just like Maple. I was so happy to seea season two confirmed so quickly. Let's see what type of crazy power Maplestumbles into next. Eizouken. Have you ever wondered about the amountof work that takes make your favorite Japanese cartoons? If so, I suggestwatching Shirobako. 


Don't get me wrong. Eizouken is good too. But in terms ofshowcasing the actual animation process, it feels like this anime toucheson it on the surface level. This is more like you creating yourown fan animation passion project. The early episodes do they give you anoverview about the various processes. I did really enjoy how you gota taste of the other roles, like the manager position.Sure you got the animators, but you still need someone steering theship. Eizouken fully takes advantage of their stylized animation. Especially when the characterslet their imagination go wild. This truly was a treat. And thestanding up part of the anime. Part of me does feel like this isan artsy movie equivalent for anime. If you are a fan of animation, Eizouken is a must watch. The Villainess Isekai. A non overpower, isekai character, what? Shut itSubaru you're fricking immortal. So you got main character Katarina. That'sbeen reborn into this fantasy world. It turns out it's a world similarto her beloved Otome games, which are essentiallyJapanese dating Sims. The twist for Katarinais that she's a big bad, the villainous figure of her story. So now the challenge forher is to work her ass off to avoid any horrific ending. It's really just funny how she ended upbefriending all the possible best boys and even charming some of the ladiestoo. Even her supposed rival. I was just eating it up. This whole isekai anime feeling was really refreshing. I really appreciate it that you didn'tneed the super deep understanding of the Otome genre to actually enjoy theanime. And season two is coming up. I just wonder how she'll be able to keepup her antics without it feeling stale. And don't worry I will be rootingfor you! Kaguya-sama season two. Oh, how much do I love Kaguya and Chika?And let's not forget the president. I mean, Chika raised thatboy. It is surprising to see how much I fell in love withits anime, just from the first season, I've been bugging my casualbuddies to check it out too. John, watch Kaguya now. No, I don't careif you don't like romance. Kaguya Season two kept all of thelovable elements from season one, but kept on developing each character.


I mean, how far has Kaguya come on her own? Has her trademark lineeven been said once this season? And that's not even getting into thedevelopment for the side characters, definitely the cherry on topwas that banger of an opening. We all got to protect the singerguy for Kaguya season three. BNA brand new animal, a yourtrigger anime say no more. You know, how much of a massive trigger friend Ihad been sending this Kill La Kill and Promare. This time trigger went thefree route. Main Character Michiru gave you a funtanki girl, similar to Raphtalia except this time fully committing. Asalways trigger is on point with their animation. Their creativity displayedfor all the various animals. Here was no exception. If I didhave an issue for the anime, it was just the animebeing too short. I mean, you have a whole giant worldrich with the animal twist. I constantly found myself looking atthe background and just wishing the characters is explored more, but sadly, the episodes quickly ran by. Another seasoncould really flesh out more of these elements. I mean, who wouldn't want a sequel to revisitthese characters and animal utopia again? Oh, and that openingtheme instantly fell in love! Rezero season two. What do you meanthough? Best girl REM? Instant failure Am I right? But no seriously. Rezeroseason two has been wonderful. Finally, you've actually gotten intothe true Rezero story. Season one was all set up for thingsto come. I was worried with season one, cutting out too much. So to make some anime only peoplethink the story was done. 


Thankfully, ReZero season two, brought back a good chunk of the worldbuilding you previously missed out on, including the lovely Echidna. Don't worry, sweetie. All your sims will drink your delicioustea juices. Along her came the other witches and the lore aboutthe whale and the great rabbit, all of a stuff previouslyforeshadowed in the books. Subaru even had a fun timeexperiencing the fluff balls firsthand. No joke that death has scarred me forlike a day and probably some of you too. It was really great and touching, having Subaru saying afinal goodbye to his parents. And at last meeting the grantin which herself, Satella. there's still so much mysterysurrounding this, Witch of Envy. This isn't even getting into the otherplot points involving the shady as Roswaal and Betty. PerhapsI got my own magic book too, since knowing the event'scoming for Subaru. I am really hyped for the rest ofthat season. SAO Alicization War of underworld part two, theEpic conclusion of SAO season three. You really had to, or having thereon your left Avengers moment, you had all the Underworld goddessescombined with friends, family, and even former enemiesfighting for this new world. There were so many memorablemoments from this latest season. I mean episode after episodeof God tier animation. How many times did SAO get ontrending? Once it was said and done, it really was SAO going deep intothe fate route for season three, especially with this final anime chunk.It built on the knowledge of the rich lore and info from the light novels. It had been expanded SAO Alicization further with the games. I only wish they had communicated thelight novel requirement better to Western anime only fans. 


As alongtime hardcore SAO fan I'm really hoping more ofthis stuff eventually makes it into the anime someday. With the conclusion of SAO Alicization, I'm actually pretty high forwhat's next in SAO Unital Ring. And that includes what came beforewith the SAO progressive movies The Violet Evergarden moviepart of the journey is the end. This time it sayonara for Violet. Really I think there was more crying in mytheater than there was for Avengers end game. I don't want toover-hype this saying the movie was like theletter episode times 10, but it sounded least on thatlevel. And for most of you, it's going to be higher. Here's the huge thank you to Kyotoanimation for giving us more breathtaking animation. And I know since my review I've gottenplenty of people who were passionate enough to inform me how the anime and nowmovie differ from the Violet Evergarden novels. All I could say to thatis that the anime story and now the anime movie bothworked extremely well for me. Perhaps one day when the books getofficially translated or I find some time, I'll check out the Japanesebooks. For today for 2020, I'm happy to say that thisis my top anime of the year. If you're a Violet Evergarden fan andenjoyed her journey, this is a must watch. Just get the box of tissues ready.You're going to be ugly crying a bunch. So let me know what was your topanime of 2020 or top three, top five. If you can't pick only one. Next up myvery own anime awards for 2020 new categories for the first time. And don't be shy about sharing yourown for the best wife who or best girl easily. Goddess Asana. I mean sayingbehind with Kirito for 200 years, for the new best wife who I'm goingto actually have to give this the tie between Echidna and Chizuru, I'll let you pick your favorite for thebest boy going to have to give this to pop-up or coli. I mean the guy who gave his own toprotect his daughter honorable mention to blond boy Eugeo for the best new Bowie, I'm going to have to give this toGojo from Jujutsu Kaisen and the best side boy will always beReiner for the top villain. 


This is going to go to the lovelyLord of the Dawn from the Made in Abyss movie as anhonorable mention Roswaal, the clown from ReZero for thebest 2020 cringe easily goes to rent a girlfriend. I mean the secondhand cringe fromwatching this was outstanding for the best fight. I'm actually going to have a tie hereat Bercouli versus God Vecta and also goddess Asuna versus Vassago. As arunner up the fire Harshira and the demon Slayer movie for the best opening, I think easily the one fromKaguya-sama season two, daddy, daddy do. For the best ending.It just snuck in there, but Attack on Titan season four, it feels like perfection for thefinal season tone for notable studio. Naturally MAPPA studio has beengetting a ton of attention, but do not sleep on silver linkthis year. They gave you Bofuri, the villainess Isekai, the misfit of the demon King Academy andthat SAO clone and for a general award, the top grossing anime. Now the demonSlayer movie love this anime or hate it Demon Slayer is here to stay forthe most disappointing a tie. First off the Freat pretender,partly for actually being good. Then screwing the pooch at the end, tied with the day I became a God reallyfor not living up to the author's hype, the saddest anime, my butt. It is next up the honorable mentionfor anime the lightning round. But did you mind movie keysenough? I know. Call me a sucker. I blame nostalgia. This moviedelivered. Where did you want to try? Did not, although I'm still not buying this digitalon timeline and truly being over ID invaded this thriller. anime gave you a mixture of elementsfrom ghost in the show and psychopaths bonus fillings too. Since I dropped it, then that wave of positive responseafter it in it brought me back. It is worth the watch. If you like thisanime genre, the Demon Slayer movie, you saw my review forit earlier this year. I'll still say it's definitelynowhere near the hype. And at this point it's becomeextremely over-hyped here in Japan, but still it is an enjoyablemovie. I'm really predicting. The demon center was switchedto a movie format going forward. My hero academia season four, thatyou forget that was still this year. I know that school festival feltso much like a filler season. It's a spot from the Endeavor KFCmode and that gone to your animation. So spicy Dorohedoro. I can't believe this doesn't look likea CGI anime most of the time. Anyway, it really is worth the mention herefor the crazy insane world it gave you. I'm actually really lookingforward to jumping into the manga, rent a girlfriend. 


This onefeels a bit special for me. It's actually one of the first mangaI read when I moved over to Japan, which means I definitely knew whatyou could expect going into the anime. And Oh my God, does itdeliver on the cringe factor? I do have to hand it to the best girl, carrying this animehard inter for viewers, you really have this great mixture, the anime pushing the line way past thesource material Funimation and removing it. The controversy that followed it waswhole quite a spec that go season two when Isekai quartet season two, this time with the addition ofshield hero and cautious hero, is this anime getting too stuffed?Thankfully it didn't take away. I enjoy season two, especially with theKonoSuba guys. Food Wars season five, the final plate. Even if he thoughtthe story quality had gone down, just knowing there's not going to be anymore food gazumped in the world really gives you that empty feeling, really gonna miss this food animeattack on Titan and season four, the final season, I guess, technically I could have put a tack ontight Titan season one to season three, due to the recap movie. No,no, I'm kidding. So despite the confusion and hate, some of you have due to the studio change, you've seen me being positive androoting for MAPPA studio weekly. So far, I've really been enjoyingwhat we've gotten, which means I'm going to keep on havingfaith in the animators and also the people in charge that they're going togo plus ultra to deliver their best for all Attack on Titan fans. Anyway, 2020 anime over definitely post your bestanime of the year bonus points of you include categories. And 2020,hasn't been quite a ride for anime, but also thank you for stickingaround and passing half a million. Let's try to double that in 2021, then go and watch my new juicy videoon darker anime that need sequels and cya guys later 

Post a Comment

0 Comments